In Saudi Arabia, there are thousands of expatriates working in different workplaces around the country. And most of them get their status of profession change due to some reasons such as job promotion or getting a new job and they don’t know that how to check iqama profession.
In addition, the Iqama profession is called ‘Mehna’ in Saudi Arabia that means a profession or job category. So, if someone asks about your iqama Mehna, it means he wants to know about your iqama profession, not your actual profession.
However, if your iqama profession is different from your actual profession then you need to change your profession according to the new rules of the Saudi government. Otherwise, the government will charge heavy fines on you and send you to the detention centre.
How To Check Iqama Profession?
There are two ways to check Iqama profession/Mehna, the one is looking on your iqama card and the second is online through the official website of the Ministry of Interior of Saudi Arabia.
The first one is the old method and if you recently change your profession then you can’t check until you hold your iqama in hands.
And the second is the newly introduced method by the Saudi government that uses the latest technology to make the professional check easier than before.
So, if you are looking for how to check iqama Mehna then you have come to the right place where we guide you to check the iqama profession with few lines follow up and also explain other related issues.
Iqama Profession Check Via Iqama Card
If you want to see your Iqama profession, simply check it on your Iqama card that is mention in front of the “Mehna” category. So, if you are living in Saudi Arabia as an expat, then it is very important for you to know about its details.
Moreover, many times the Labour officers raid on different factories to make sure that everything is going under the Law. And here they check the profession on your Iqama and see that you are working according to your Iqama Mehna or not.
For example, if your Iqama Mehna is Computer Technician but you are working in a medical store (in a different field), then the officers will detect you and charge penalties because it is a violation of Saudi rules.
Check Iqama Profession Change Status Via MOI
The moi.gov.sa is the official website of Saudi Arabia and MOI stands for Ministry of Interior that collects all the data of employees that are come from other countries and work in Saudi Arabia. If you changed your Profession, then this website leads you to check details of your iqama profession.
The Saudi Government recently started the initiative to give online services to their employees. This is because many times the HR persons don’t give their proper response and information about the transfer of the profession of their employees.
So, this initiative helps a lot to the citizens and foreign residents of the country and makes easier and time-saving processes. Although, here is the guiding procedure that helps you to iqama mehna check online.
- First, you have open the official website of MOI.
- Then, log in with your account with entering your Name, Iqama number, Password and Captcha code.
- By default, this site language is Arabic so click into English or select your preferred language.
- If you do not register an account, then make a new account on Absher MOI.
- When the login process will complete, you need to click on the ‘My Dashboard’ option that is written just beside your name.
- Now, you could see all of your information on the down-left side of your screen.
- Here, this block also shows the profession name either old or new.
- If the profession name is changed, so you have to pick up a new Iqama card that is in update form.
Documents required for change of my Iqama Profession
Yes, you need the following documents:
- Your Attested Degrees
- Registration of your Profession
- Fees for Changing Iqama profession, which is 1000 Rials
- For the change of Profession, you must require registration in both professions (your previous one and new one). Otherwise, application requests are rejected.
Drawbacks of Having Different Professions
As we mentioned earlier in this article that it is illegal to have an iqama profession that is different from your actual profession. And if you come under the eyes of Jawazat officers, then they send you to the detention centre and also imposed heavy fines on you. Although, here we are going to discuss some drawbacks of having different professions on Iqama cards.
- You cannot apply for family visit visa for your family and dependants.
- If your profession is low profile, then the Saudi government reject your application for visas of different countries.
- You cannot bring your family to Saudi Arabia on a permanent basis.
Iqama profession status and all the relevant information are connected with MOI and it is registered in their official database, so you cannot change it by yourself. If you have any question about it, then please inform the officials of MOI and your kafeel also to take further steps according to the situation.
Because you are working as an expat in Saudi Arabia and have no rights as compare to the local citizens of this country. So, keep in mind that work here gently and try your best to keep your kafeel satisfy and don’t report against you.
- Iqama Expiry Check
- Iqama Huroob Status Check
- Iqama Transfer Status Check
- Iqama Red or Green Status Check
Hi everybody! myself Ali and I am exploring different places in KSA, and I’m a conveyed essayist. I’ve been making as a diversion activity for practically 10 years until I at last chose to uninhibitedly convey. I esteem sharing stories and drafting things that take individuals on the excursion of the psyche.