COVID-19 Traffic Restrictions in Saudi Arabia must be followed because this pandemic has taken much of the countries down so it wouldn’t be wrong to say that the novel coronavirus has taken every country of the world by storm with its high transmission rate and severity. To stop the spread of this virus and mitigate its adverse impacts, every country has introduced new air traffic restriction policies for incoming and outgoing travelers.
Here, we will be specifically talking about the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and what traffic restrictions it has put into effect to stop or at least minimize the spread of COVID-19 within the country. Continue reading to find out the major travel restrictions announced by the Saudi government in recent times.
What are the COVID-19 Traffic Restrictions in Saudi Arabia?
- No Saudi national can travel to United Arab Emirates, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Iran, Turkey, Armenia, Ethiopia, Somalia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Belarus, India, Vietnam, Republic of Indonesia) and any country where the pandemic remains unstable until the situation gets better there.
- From first August 2021, only people who’s Tawakkalna status show either of the following will be allowed to travel by air:
- They have completed two doses of their vaccine
- It’s been fourteen days since their first dose
- They have recovered from COVID-19 in the past six months
- Foreign workers will only be allowed to travel to Saudi Arabia if they have completed the selected vaccine doses as approved by the Saudi ministry of health.
- Travelling with ID is currently suspended for GCC citizens.
- All incoming guests should have vaccinated certificates as authorized by their country’s government and should be vaccinated with either of the following vaccines:
- 2 doses of Pfizer BioNTech
- 2 doses of Moderna
- 2 doses of Oxford AstraZeneca
- Single dose of Johnson Johnson s Janssen
- All foreigners, except Saudi citizens and citizen’s families, must complete a seven day quarantine period at their own expense.
- Guests with two doses of Sinopharma or Sinovac will only be allowed after getting an additional dose of any of the aforementioned vaccines.
- All guests must take a PCR test on the eight day of quarantine and be allowed if it is negative.
- Entry of guests from Argentina, Indonesia, Pakistan, Brazil, Turkey, South Africa, Lebanon, Egypt, India, United Arab Emirates, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Vietnam is currently suspended.
- The current suspension of the United States of America, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Japan has officially ended.
These are only a few of the much-needed traffic and travel restrictions imposed by the government of Saudi Arabia after seeing the COVID-19 situation around the world. You can find more about these restrictions by visiting the official Saudi travel guidelines page online.
With that being said, we conclude our article about COVID-19 traffic restrictions in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and hope that we get rid of this novel virus in near future. Until then, remember to follow all the precautions and restrictions recommended.
Hi everybody! myself Ali and I am exploring different places in KSA, and I’m a conveyed essayist. I’ve been making as a diversion activity for practically 10 years until I at last chose to uninhibitedly convey. I esteem sharing stories and drafting things that take individuals on the excursion of the psyche.