For an online family visa, Jawazat has established specific requirements. The six conditions to extend a visit visa via the Absher portal are listed below.
Conditions for extending a family visit visa through Absher
- After the extension, the overall validity of the visit visa cannot be more than 180 days, or six months, from the date of entry into the kingdom.
- When extending, the visa’s remaining time period for validity must be seven days or less, and not more than three days may have occurred after the visa’s expiration.
- Visa holders must be physically present within the kingdom and have no pending traffic fines.
- The extension term must be covered by the medical insurance validity.
- The passport of the tourist must be current.
- Fees for visit visa extensions must be paid.
How to extend a family visit visa to Saudi Arabia in 2022 – Steps
Follow the given procedure:
1. Get Insurance
You must first obtain health insurance that will cover you for the entire time after the extension of the family visit visa.
- Error Message: Sorry, the medical insurance period does not cover the period after the visa extension.
- Verify the visit visa insurance’s validity.
2. Pay the Visit visa extension fee
The charge for extending the family visit visa is SR 100, which must be paid. If you submit your application for an extension less than 3 days before your visit visa expires, you will be fined an extra SR 500.
The system will display the following error message if you don’t pay the fee.
Error Message: Sorry, Due to insufficient funds, the visit visa (VV) cannot be extended. Please deposit sufficient funds to proceed with the (VV) extension.
3. Extend Single Entry Family Visit visa
Once the abovementioned conditions are met, you can begin the process of extending a single-entry family visit visa through Absher.
- Open your Absher account and log in.
- Select the “Services” tab from the Family Members Services menu.
- Pick “Extended Visit visa” from the menu.
- Select “Continue” from the menu.
- You can now see all individuals who have family visit visas and are sponsored by you.
- Select “Extend Visa” from the menu.
Verify the information, agree to the terms and conditions, and finally, your family member’s 30-day single-entry visit visa to Saudi Arabia has been successfully renewed.
4. Extend Multiple Family Visit Visa
You must submit a Tawasul request if you want to extend a multiple family visit visa or if you see the message below on Absher.
- Sorry! Multiple Visit visas cannot be extended
- Sorry! The visit visa (VV) cannot be extended, for further information, please contact the passport department.
Create a PDF file for each family member that contains all of the documentation listed below and upload it to Absher. The PDF file shouldn’t be larger than 1MB.
- Screenshot of an error message.
- Passport of the visa holder.
- Absher’s visa information.
- Insurance information.
Family Visit Visa Extension
Log into your Absher account
- Under “My Services,” select the “Services” tab.
- Choose “Passports.”
- Select “Tawasul” as the service.
You must click the “New Request” button on the new page that will open.
After 180 days, change the language to Arabic and choose the following options to extend the family visit visa.
- Sector: تأشيرة زيارة
- Service: تمديد تأشيرة الزيارة العائلية
- If you got the message below, it means that if you apply again, you’ll only obtain a 2-week visa extension.
- Message: يجب ارفاق اقرار وتعهد بالمغادرة خلال اسبوعين
- If this is the case, submit a new Tawasul request with identical supporting documentation and a statement that you will send your family back within 15 days.
Special characters not allowed: If you eliminate all the special characters (.!?,” etc.) then you are set to go.
Check the Status of Extension Request
In order to check the status of the Absher request for an extension of the family visit visa;
- Login to your Absher account
- Select “General Services” by clicking.
- Choose “Passports.”
- Select “Tawasul” as the service.
- Choose “Inquire for Requests.”
If the request is denied, you can resubmit it with an explanation of why it was denied.
Extend family visit visa through Istiqdam
You should go to the Istiqdam if your family visit visa is about to expire and Jawazat hasn’t extended it online.
- Make an appointment with Istiqdam.
- The visa holder’s original passport and a copy.
- The sponsor’s original Iqama and a duplicate.
- A properly completed application to extend a family visit visa.
- A white-background passport-sized photo.
- Payment of the visa extension charge.
- The visa holder must have current health insurance.
- A letter from a doctor in the event of a medical emergency.
When you have all the necessary paperwork, you can go to the Jawazat office to extend your family visit visa. The official will examine your papers before extending the visa.
In the event of a medical emergency, make sure to attend Istiqdam with the aforementioned documentation during the visa’s validity period. The officer will then extend it for an additional 15 days.
Extension through Bahrain – Jordan
The single entrance family visit visa is only valid for one entry into Saudi Arabia. As long as the multiple-entry family visit visa is still in effect, it is possible to enter Saudi Arabia many times. The phrase “Valid till” denotes the duration of the visa.
People holding multiple entry visas can exit Saudi Arabia through the borders with Bahrain or Jordan and re-enter to extend their stay for an additional 90 days.
Now we assume that you have learned all the six conditions to extend a family visit visa via Absher and also how to extend it using various methods.
More from KSA Expats Guide
Update Passport Info in Absher
I am Saif. I am the founder and chief writer for his own website called KSA Expat Guide and a freelance writer and web developer for many other websites. I live in Saudi Arabia as an ex-pat. Love to research all about KSA. I use my spare time to learn new things, travel, and write about them, especially when it comes to technology and things from the past.