The Government of Saudi Arabia are very strict local citizens and the expatriates who are living in their country. When any expat violates the traffic rules, the ministry of interior charge fines against their iqama.
Furthermore, the traffic violation (also known as Mukhalfa in Saudi Arabia) fine procedure is totally online, and when you get the traffic violation ticket, it will be recorded on your profile in the Ministry of Interior System forever. So, you can check traffic violations records through the MOI online portal.
Recently, the Ministry of Interior of Saudi Arabia launched the mobile application that is called Absher to solve their citizens and foreign residents queries online.
Although, if you are looking for how to check traffic violations fine and related information then you are come at the right place where we give you the two options with complete procedure.
So, you can solve your query by following these methods.
Procedure to Check Traffic Violation through MOI Absher.
MOI Absher is providing their users a dedicated service to query iqama fine for traffic violations in Saudi Arabia. However, you can easily check it by following these steps.
- The first step is to open MOI Absher mobile app or website.
- By default, this website is in Arabic Language so click onto the English language for better understanding.
- Login with your User name, Iqama number, Password and fill the Captcha code. If you don’t have Absher account then, first you can create your Absher account.
- After successful login, click on the E-service option.
- Then select the “Traffic Violation Information” option.
- Here, you can see the full details of the traffic violation and also you are able to check time and location.
Check Traffic Violation Via Bank Account
Here, you also have the second option to check traffic violations fines on iqama by using a bank account. However, all the banks almost have same procedure to check traffic fines. So, we guide you through the Bank Al Ahli account.
- First of all, login in to the bank account.
- When you successfully login, just click on “Sadad” option.
- And then select the “Government Payment and Refunds”.
- Now click on the Biller and then you see many option, but select only the “Traffic Violation”.
- After that, the new screen will show you drop-down menu in front of traffic violation option. Here you have two options of “Query traffic violation by violator ID” and “Query traffic violation by violation ID”.
- Select the first one and click on “Request payment fee”.
- That’s it, the new screen will show you all the traffic violations against your iqama.
Note that, the traffic violations or Mukhalfa must be paid within 30 days of the violation date. In case, you don’t pay the fine on time, then the amount will be doubled.
List of Traffic Violations and Penalties in Saudi Arabia
According to the traffic rules and regulations of Saudi Arabia, here we provide the list of traffic violations and penalties that you must know of you are live in this country.
Penalty ranging from 100 to 150 Saudi Riyals
- Crossing roads in areas unspecified for pedestrians
- Leaving the vehicle with its engine running
- Not possessing insurance
- Failing to give way to pedestrians at crossing
Penalty ranging from 100 to 300 Saudi Riyals
- Not holding a license
- For not using indicators while changing lanes
- Not takin a vehicle for maintenance
- Not wearing a seat belt
- Crowd at the scene of accidents
- Reverse vehicles to more than 20m on main roads
- Failing to leave sufficient distance between vehicles
- Excessive use of their car horn
Penalty ranging from 300 to 500 Saudi Riyals
- Not focusing on driving
- Holding an expired license
- Not using a child seat
Penalty ranging from 500 to 900 Saudi Riyals
- Not stopping at traffic signals
- Writing slogans or putting stickers on cars
- Follow emergency vehicles using a siren
- Tinting windows beyond specified limits
Penalty ranging from 1000 to 2000 Saudi Riyals
- Not holding a number plate or using a damaged late
- Not using lights when driving at night and gathering at joy riding areas
- Carrying more passengers than specified in the registration
Penalty ranging from 3000 to 6000 Saudi Riyals
- Skipping or jumping traffic signals
- Overtaking buses when students disembark and driving on the wrong side of the road
Penalty ranging from 5000 to 10,000 Saudi Riyals
- For driving, using another car’s number plate or erasing or concealing the number plate