If you are in Saudi Arabia and your driving license expired. Then you need to renew your driving license immediately. Otherwise, the Saudi Government penalties you. In this article, we will provide you with a complete step-to-step guide on how to renew your driving license in Saudi Arabia in 2023.
Renewal Fees For Driving License
Firstly, you need to select the time period for the renewal of your driving license. Then pay a fee for the renewal of your driving license. It will be 80 riyals for 1 year, 160 riyals for 2 years and so you need to pay 400 riyals for 5 years and 800 riyals for 10 years. You can pay this fee through your bank account.
Required Criteria for Renew of Driving License
There is no need to go to any police station or office for the renewal of a driving license. You just go to the Absher website.
- You required your Absher account.
- Date for the renewal of driving license( 180 days)
- Medical Efada Test Report.
- Fees for the renewal of driving license
The procedure of How To Renew a Driving License in Saudi Arabia
Here a complete step-to-step guide is a mention
- Log into your Absher accounts by visiting
- Under “My Services” click on the “Services” tab.
- Navigate to the “Traffic” tab.
- By clicking “Renew Driving License”, you will be taking you to the renewal page.
- As you move to the next screen, you will be shown the conditions and terms of renewing your driving license in Saudi Arabia. You will need to;
- Kindly click on the “Next” button.
- Select the type of driver’s license.
- Click on the License Renewal Period drop-down menu.
- Once you have successfully renewed your Saudi Arabian driving license, you can either pick it up at the traffic police office or ask for it through the postal service.
Request Postal Delivery
When you complete your process of application then you can request the postal delivery of your new driving license. Here is a step-to-step guide for postal delivery
- Scroll down to do that
- To request postal document delivery, click the “Request Postal Document Delivery” button.
- Select your Saudi national address by clicking the “+” button.
- Confirm the delivery of the phone number.
- The payment link for the delivery service will be sent to you via SMS shortly.
- SR 17.25 are charges for the delivery of a driving license.
Collection of Driving License
When you successfully apply for the renewal of a driving license in Saudi Arabia then you need to go to the traffic police office for the collection of a new driving license. You require some necessary documents when you go to receive your new driving license.
- Muroor appointment for the purpose of printing a driver’s license.
- Iqama in its original form.
- Old driving license.
- Saudi drivers do not have to fill out a renewal form.
- Your old driving license will be discarded by the traffic police officer and a new one will be issued.
Penalty for Expired Driving License
If you couldn’t renew your driving license within 180 days then the Government should penalize you with some kind of fine. A driver’s license that has expired is fined SR 140. Saudi Arabia imposes a fine of SR 300 to SR 500 for driving a vehicle with an expired license. In addition, if you do not collect your driving license from Muroor within 7 days, there is a fine of SR 100.
Here we provide you with the easiest method for the renewal of a driving license in Saudi Arabia. Fees for this renewal, procedure, and penalties of expired driving license. You can apply through your Absher account and collect this within 7 days from the Muroor office.
Hi everybody! myself Ali and I am exploring different places in KSA, and I’m a conveyed essayist. I’ve been making as a diversion activity for practically 10 years until I at last chose to uninhibitedly convey. I esteem sharing stories and drafting things that take individuals on the excursion of the psyche.