Ministry of Labor Saudi Arabia is always one step ahead when it comes to solving the problem of expatriates in KSA. That’s the reason, they have introduced a new feature in Absher. If you don’t know how to update passport in Absher, in this guide I’ll tell you. This is an online method that will help you to update the passport of dependents and workers through the Absher portal.
That means, from 2022 you don’t have to visit the Jawazat office personally to update a passport. So, now the guardian of the family and a company’s employer can update the passport in the Absher account.
This blog post will cover how to update your passport in your Absher account online.
Step by Step Guide: How To Update Passport In Absher?
Before launching this method the process of Naqal Maloomat (Passport update) was quite hectic and you had to a lot struggle just for a little work. But now, thankfully, all the process is easy to do through the Absher website.
Step 1: Visit Absher Account
Visit your Absher account and open your profile. The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number as soon as you enter your log-in details. Put the code and you’ll get access to your account.
Step 2: Go To Services
Once you’ve entered your account successfully, click on the Services option and then click on the Dependent Services.
After this, you’ll see a few options that you use to update, for now, click on the Update Resident Passport Information.
Step 3: Provide the Relevant Details For How To Update Passport In Absher
This process ends with Step 3, which is the most important step. So do it correctly to avoid any rejection. Provide the following details in this section;
- Write the name of the expatriate
- Write the Iqama number
- Current passport number and its expiry date
- In the 4th section choose the reason for updating. You can select Update Renewed Passport.
- Update the new passport number (written on your passport).
- Optical Character Recognition (it’s a digital process of converting images into readable text). These are the digits of a code that you can find at the bottom of the passport’s main page.
- Date of new passport issue and expiry.
- Country of the new passport issuance: for example Saudi Arabia
- City name from where you got this passport: for example Riyadh
Once all the information is given, check it twice and then click on the Update Passport Information button. Congratulation, your passport is updated successfully.
How to Check Passport Update Status Online?
If you requested your employer to update the passport status and want to check online here is the process.
- Log in to your Absher account on the Absher website.
- Select Passport details from the dashboard.
- You can find more information by clicking on More Details.
- After this, the current status of your passport will appear and you can see whether the passport is updated or not.
- If the passport expiration date is matching with your current physical passport it means the Naqal Maloomat/ passport is updated on your Absher account.
Check Dependents Passport Status
If you’re living with the family you might be interested in checking their Passport stats too. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Absher account on the website. Log-in, in and verify that it’s you.
- On the dashboard, you’ll see two options, Family Members Services, and Sponsor Servies. Click on Services under the Family Member Services section.
- A new window will open with multiple options after you select services. To check or update passport status, select Visa Services. And then press Next.
- If you’ve multiple dependents attached to your Absher account, you can select the desired candidate for whom you want to check the status.
- Select the person, and you check the status easily by looking at the upcoming expiry date. If the mentioned date is gone, it means the status of the passport holder is not updated yet. By following the above method you can update the passport status online.
Who Can Update Passport / Naqal Maloomat Online?
The Sponsor/Kafeel has the primary responsibility to update your passport in Jawazat and Absher. However, if you’re an expatriate in KSA and working under a company then the employer will be responsible to update your passport details in your Absher account.
Anyone who is the guardian of the family (husband or father) can change the passport details of dependents. Or you can also request your employer to update the details in the Absher account of your family.
People Also Ask
Updating your passport in the Absher account is necessary because you can’t go outside every time with your passport. This means having an online record will help the authorities to ensure that you’re a legal person. The Absher account keeps all your data secure and can be useful in multiple ways.
If you’re new in KSA and don’t know how to update passport in Absher, follow the above method you can perform this job. However, if you don’t have access to your Absher account ask your company’s GRO or request the employer to update your passport record.
If you also want to know how to change mobile number in absher then you must check it out:
I go by Khalid. As a movement blogger, I compose my movement encounters in different nations. I like becoming familiar with different societies and how they live. My enthusiasm is to order each of my encounters into one single draft with the goal that perusers might find out about places prior to going there. I am working here in SA Kingdom and experiencing a lot new things.