Here are the steps for a complete guide on the replacement of lost iqama.
- What to Do if My Iqama Is Lost or Stolen?
- Visit Jawazat Office
- Fee and Penalties of Lost Iqama?
- How to Pay For Lost Iqama?
- Paying Lost Iqama Fine Through E-Banking
- Paying Fine Through ATM
Iqama or Muqeem Card is a personal identification card in Saudi Arabia. it is one of the most important documents like Passport and Visa documents. And in the case of an iqama card, you always need to carry it with you and show your identity to Police or Government authorities.
However, if you lost or stolen your iqama card then you would face many problems. Because you directly need the iqama as proof of your legal residence in Saudi Arabia. So, you should keep in mind that surviving a single day without iqama is nearly impossible in Saudi Arabia.
Although, if you are looking to solve this problem then you have come to the right place where we are going to guide you through the complete procedure in this article. So read it carefully and follow the guideline.
What to Do if My Iqama Is Lost or Stolen?
- First of all, if your iqama card is lost then try to find in your office, home, car or any other place you visited recently.
- However, if you could not find iqama or if your iqama is stolen, then the first thing you need to do is to inform your Kafeel/Sponsor about the situation. And explain that you lost your iqama and need a new one.
- After that, go to the Police station and register the report. In this report, you will have to write an application and explain how your iqama is lost or stolen.
- Make sure that the application must be in Arabic.
In addition, you should need to report to the police within 24 hours to avoid any iqama fines and other troubles. If you report on time you can save the fine of 1000 Saudi Riyals. If not, you will be charged a fine of 1000 Saudi Riyals for the first time.
Visit Jawazat Office
After all this process that explains above, you should visit the Jawazat Office (Passport Office) with the Mandoob (company’s representative). So, you need to be well prepared and carry all the following documents with you.
- Copy of Iqama Card
- Original Passport and a copy
- Filled iqama issuance form and attached 2 passport size photographs
- Copy of Police Report
- Receipt for Iqama fee
- Receipt of traffic violations or fine’s payment
After submitting all the documents to the Jawazat office, provide the fingerprints and then they check your traffic violations. Hopefully, after all the procedures you will get your iqama card on the same day or the next working day.
Fee and Penalties of Lost Iqama?
If your Iqama card is missing, then be ready to pay heavy fines and fees until you hold the new one.
- If you first time lost your iqama, then you have to pay 1000 Saudi Riyals as iqama fee.
- For the second time, you will be charged 2000 Saudi Riyals as iqama fee.
- And for the third time, it will be increased in 3000 Saudi Riyals and can be deported from Saudi Arabia to your origin country.
As we mention above that if you report lost or stolen iqama within 24 hours in the Police station, then there is no fine charge on you.
However, as you can observe the process is very lengthy and have many things to do, so the best practice is that keep your iqama card safe and always carry it with you.
The procedure for dependents is much easier than what we explain above.
Although, you can do all the process with yourself and there is no option to do it online through your Absher account.
Although, here is the step-by-step process of how to get the new print of lost iqama.
- First of all, you need to fill the issuance form and take it to the representative manager who will sign on it.
- When the issuance form is signed by the manager, he will ask you to go to the “Naqal Maloomat” counter. Who will cancel the lost iqama of dependents and stamp on the form?
- After that, in the process of printing the iqama of dependents, you need to go to the section which actually prints the iqama.
- Now, you will submit your files along with the copies of old iqamas.
- That’s it, the officer will print the lost iqama of your dependents immediately.
In addition, there is no fine or fee that will be charged for the printing.
How to Pay For Iqama Lost or Stolen ?
Paying Fine Through E-Banking
The Saudi government recently updated their system and give the opportunity to their citizens and foreign residents to solve their iqama-related queries through an online portal and make online transactions through internet banking.
But the most important in that time is how to pay the lost iqama fine through your mobile bank account.
Let see, what is the process of paying iqama fine via internet banking.
- The first to pay the lost iqama fine is to log in to your internet banking account and click on the “Payments” option, that is shown on your mobile screen.
- Note that, normally all the banks follow the same procedure. So, we chose the most common method of e-banking.
- In the drop-down list of Payments, select the “SADAT” option.
- Now you have shown many options, but you need to tap on “Government Payment & Refund” option.
- After that, you need to click on “Alien Control” and then “Replace Iqama”.
- Now you will see the option of “unregister” on the top left corner and below the ‘Iqama ID’.
- So, first, you click on ‘unregister’ and then enter your iqama number in front of ‘Iqama ID’, then tap on “Request payment Fee”.
- Now, you see the Penalty fee of 1000 Saudi Riyals on the “Fee Amount” block, so click on the ‘OK’ for further procedure.
- When it’s done, you see that quotation on-screen “Dear Customer your Payment is Successfully received”.
If any of the detail is incorrect, you should cancel the process and start from the first step again. If everything is fine, you just click on the “Confirm” button, and you are done with the payment of the lost iqama fine in Saudi Arabia. in addition, you will also receive a message on your mobile with the details of your transaction.
Paying Fine Through ATM Machine
The second method is to lose Iqama fine through the ATM machine. It is also an easy method but it needs you to go physically near your ATM machine and make your transaction.
However, here in this method, we are giving you the step-by-step process of paying a lost iqama fine through an ATM machine which is also a better option. So, follow the below guideline.
- The first step is to enter your ATM card on the machine and select the “English” language.
- Then, enter your account’s code number on the machine.
- Now, you should check your balance either it is available or not. So click on “Balance Inquiry”.
- If you have 1000 Saudi Riyal or more than its ok, and if not then deposit 1000 Saudi Riyals on the machine and click on “Deposit”.
- Now the Screen will show you newly deposit 1000 Saudi Riyals, so tap on “Accept” button.
- After that, you need to click on “Bills Payment” button.
- This will show you many option, but you only click on “MOI” and then “Alien Control” option.
- Now, you again see many options but click on “Next” and then select “Replace Iqama” from the next screen.
- Then, tap on the “Pay” button and enter your Iqama number/ID.
- When you successfully enter your iqama number then you see your Iqama ID and Fee amount on the next screen. Now, click on “Pay Exact” button and tap on “Yes” option.
- That’s it, you can successfully pay the lost iqama fine.
No, in this case, we have to follow the entire procedure of filling a form of re-issuance by visiting the Saudi Jawazat office.
Yes, it’s essential for the re-issuance of Saudi Iqama because it’s mandatory to show a report with documents required for a new Saudi Iqama.
In all national banks of KSA, you can pay the fine of lost Saudi Iqama. The penalty for lost Iqama is SR 1000, and the fee for re-issuance of new Iqama is SR 500.
Unluckily, if you lost your Saudi Iqama by mistake, then you don’t have to become stressed. Just Relax and inform the Sponsor as soon as possible for legal paperwork to avoid penalties. With your documents go to the police station. Pay your fine firstly, and then pay the fee for the re-issuance of Iqama.
- How to Check Huroob Status?
- Iqama Medical Tests Requirements
- How To Check Iqama Profession?
- Check Iqama Renewal Process
I am Bilal Khan. I am the founder and chief writer for his own website called Ksa Expats Guide.com and a freelance writer and web developer for many other websites. I live in Saudi Arabia as an expat. Love to research all about KSA. I use my spare time to learn new things, travel, and write about them, especially when it comes to technology and things from the past.