Motor Vehicle Periodic Inspection (MVPI) also known as FAHAS. It’s a certificate that gives you a permit to drive without any restriction. It’s actually a certificate for your vehicle that shows it is now able to drive on the road and comeplete guide on how to pass FAHAS (MVPI) in Saudi Arabia.
The validity of the FAHAS certificate is one year. After that again you will have to renew your Istimara or FAHAS certificate. Otherwise, you will be fined.
According to Article 26 of traffic rules in Saudi Arabia, after three years of registration for the first time, private brand new vehicles must undergo periodic technical inspections.
Documents Required for Pass FAHAS in Saudi Arabia Test
When you go to the motor vehicle periodic inspection center for the test then you must take these required documents along with you.
- Driving license
You can click on the link for additional details and information :How to Renew Driving License in Saudi Arabia
Timing of FAHAS
During the weekdays and weekends, MVPI test centers have different working hours or timings.
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- From 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Friday is an off day.
Timing of Fahas during Ramadan
- Monday through Thursday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- On Saturday: 9:00 pm to 2:00 am.
- Friday is an off day.
Fee of FAHAS for Different Vehicles
The FAHAS fee varies depending on the type of vehicle;
- Fees for inspections of small vehicles are SR 73, and SR 24 for re-inspection.
- The small truck inspection fee is SR 96, and the re-inspection fee is SR 29.
- The Medium Bus inspection fee is– SR 141, and re-inspection fee is SR 42.
- The Large Truck inspection fee is – SR 205, and re-inspection fee is SR 62
- The MotorCycle inspection fee is – SR 35, and re-inspection fee is SR 12.
Trick to pass the FAHAS in Saudi Arabia
Make sure your vehicle is clean
You should wash your car before visiting the MVPI center. Washing the vehicle from underneath should be done with special attention to look for oil leaks.
Procedure for MVPI Test in Saudi Arabia (FAHAS)
- Visit your nearest Motor Vehicle periodic Inspection center for the MVPI test
- When you reach the center firstly at the cash counter you have to submit your documents mentioned above with fees.
- When you submit your fee then you go to the inspection room.
- Then you asked to come out and give your slip to the inspector of the vehicle there.
- The car will be inspected at four inspection points. It takes less than 10 minutes.
- You will receive an inspection report once all inspections have been completed.
- The FAHAS can be done again if there are any problems after two weeks.
Get your vehicle repaired at any mechanic along with the rejection paper.
Re-inspections are allowed after a two-week period after the initial rejection, as long as you pay a re-inspection fee. While re-inspecting the vehicle, only the parts highlighted by the team will be tested.
Fine for an expired Fahas
If your FAHAS certificate expired then you will be fined. The validity of this FAHAS certificate is one year. Traffic police can charge you SR 150 if they catch you with an expired FAHAS.
Tricks to pass the MVPI test
- Whenever you go for the FAHAS test, it’s better to go to any mechanic first.
- In order to make sure your vehicle is as safe as possible, your mechanic will change even non-essential parts.
Click here for more information and details How to pay the driving license fee in Saudi Arabia
You can click on the link for additional details and information :See More about Saudi Arabia
Hi everybody! myself Ali and I am exploring different places in KSA, and I’m a conveyed essayist. I’ve been making as a diversion activity for practically 10 years until I at last chose to uninhibitedly convey. I esteem sharing stories and drafting things that take individuals on the excursion of the psyche.